Met at the church for lunch, found out everyone's animal personality (Alyssa is a unicorn of course, Marissa a rabbit, and Hannah...I'll have to remember. :) Bishop then spoke to the kids about our theme "Arise and Get thee into the Mountains!" Our awesome shirts- designed by Alyssa, say "It's not the mountain that we conquer, but ourselves" by Sir Edmond Hilary and have a picture of people climbing a mountain, guided by Christ, with the peak topped with an Angel Moroni. Perfect!
Then I took the girls and we headed down to Manti where we were able to do baptisms. I LOVE the old temples with their amazing details and painting. So awesome. After the temple we had a little devotional by myself. I quoted the Ensign story from Jan. about a mountain guide who says "If we want to be with Him, we must be like Him." That means we have to do the hard things to grow and change and be like our Savior. We have to CLIMB the mountain ourselves! No one else can get us a temple recommend. :)
Afterwards, I drove home and they headed up the canyon for a day of rock climbing, repelling, games, and devotionals from our Stake president and Stacie Taniguchi (sp?) who has actually climbed Mt. Everest. I only heard good reports!
No comments:
Post a Comment